Search this Blog

Followers

About

My photo
Lowell, Michigan, United States
Dogs were born to run. I wasn't, but I do it anyway. :)

Yummy Icicles

posted by Andrew 04 March 2007

I ran 7 miles on Friday at work and the time just flew by - a co-worker were having a great discussion (i.e. debate) about space exploration and the consumption of resources on the planet. Pretty heavy stuff! We were having so much fun talking that we just kept running - my co-worker Ty hadn't run that far in years.

Today was another "treadmill date" with Amanda. I kept it easy today doing a 9:00 pace, planning to go 7 miles. I felt so good at the end, however, that I kept going until 8.5 miles. I stopped then because Amanda and I had errands to run, but my legs were begging to continue.

When we got home today we played with Haven and Beacon in the backyard. I found some gigantic icicles hanging off the carport and brought them out for the pups, and boy were they excited to see me holding a couple huge "treats" over my head! They sat obediently, hoping to impress me enough to earn a reward:



One icicle was about three feet long and must've weighed ten pounds! The other was only two feet long but almost as heavy. At one point Haven ran off with the big one, clearly happy but protective of her prize:



Beacon had been content with his icicle until he spotted Haven with an even BIGGER one, and naturally he became jealous. He transformed into predator mode, crouching low and staring intently before chasing after Haven and mugging her for the goods:



Satisfied that he now has the biggest and baddest icicle, does Beacon chomp down like a vicious predator? No, he wants to savor his treat just like a kid with his popsicle at the Tastee Freez:

0 comments

Labels