Search this Blog

Followers

About

My photo
Lowell, Michigan, United States
Dogs were born to run. I wasn't, but I do it anyway. :)

I Forgot How Painful Long Runs Are

posted by Andrew 11 March 2007

Now that the weather is nice (if you call upper 30's nice, that is) and the roads are clear of snow, I finally got to make use of the great outdoors for my weekend long run. Lately I've been running for an hour on the treadmill with Amanda, but this time I took on one of my usual routes from last year, a 14.4 mile out-and-back on rural country roads.

Boy was it difficult! I never felt comfortable even in the beginning, so it was just one of those days I suppose. The last hour really sucked and it's probably because I haven't run more than 1:15 since running 2:08 on January 7, a 12-miler on trails. Today's time was 2:30, a 10:26 pace, a tad slower than the 9:30-10:00 that I would expect. I just never felt in rhythm and my legs complained the entire time, those wusses. My legs must've forgotten what it takes to endure a long run!

Luckily Amanda brought home some Subway sandwiches after adopting out Amber. That right, Amber found a home! I'm going to miss her and her crooked ears.

0 comments

Labels