Search this Blog

Followers

About

My photo
Lowell, Michigan, United States
Dogs were born to run. I wasn't, but I do it anyway. :)

I Love Lucy

posted by Andrew 25 March 2007



We've had a busy weekend and hopefully I'll have time to write about everything tonight. First up is the West Michigan Pet Expo, a two-day event that Amanda and I attended as volunteers. Lots of people explored the dozens of pet-related exhibitors in the convention center and it was pretty crowded.

One of the dogs we were trying to adopt out was Lucy, a one and a half year old black lab mix. She was there both days and during our time there I grew quite fond of Lucy and she took quite a liking to me as well. It all started when I took her out for a walk, during which I ran her about 1/4 mile along the road. After that she would sit in her crate facing me rather than all the people who might want to adopt her!

She's a real sweetie. Occasionally we'd let her out of crate on leash to sit with us and she kept trying to crawl into our lap, and she's a 70 pound dog! Whenever kids would pet her she made sure to lick them solidly on the face. Over the two days I took her out for walks a half dozen times and each time I'd run her a 1/2 mile and she'd come back happy and tired. Problem was, nobody was interested in adopting her...

...until tonight! Someone took notice of her sweetness and Lucy got adopted! Lucky Lucy. :)

0 comments

Labels