Search this Blog

Followers

About

My photo
Lowell, Michigan, United States
Dogs were born to run. I wasn't, but I do it anyway. :)

Speeding Bullets

posted by Andrew 16 February 2007

Lots of running stuff to catch up on, so I'll do it bullet-style...

  • The day before Valentines Day I ran with my "second loves", my dogs. It was 14 degrees and very windy, but they loved it. Back to back, first Haven for 2.9 miles at an 8:20 pace, then Beacon for 1.4 miles at a 7:12 pace. Dogs were born to run.
  • Still running outdoors with my co-workers, but some of them are wussing out on account of the weather. Monday the 12th we endured steady snow flurries that made it hard to see (snowflakes on the eyelashes) and "balmy" temps in the mid 20's, the warmest we've had in a couple weeks. Wednesday the 14th we braved 9-degree air temperature with strong north winds. Today it was 19 degrees with a howling WSW wind.
  • Thursday was a double workout. At 6am I was already running on the treadmill at work doing "pops" - alternating 5 minutes of fast pace (ranging from 5:30 to 7:00 miles) with 5 minutes of slow pace (9:00 miles). Then before leaving work I hit the 'mill again, this time doing hill repeats - 2.5 minutes at incline alternating with 2.5 minutes of flat. My first incline I jacked it all the way up, which was 15% grade - holy crap, I just about fell off the back at a 10:00 pace! I barely survived that one. The rest of my inclines were at 10% grade.

My legs are rather tired now, so tomorrow will be an easy one-hour run on the treadmill with Amanda. I also signed up for my next race, another 5K on March 17.

0 comments

Labels