Search this Blog

Followers

About

My photo
Lowell, Michigan, United States
Dogs were born to run. I wasn't, but I do it anyway. :)

Cold War Dream?

posted by Andrew 09 February 2007

Two nights ago I dreamed that I worked for the Air Force at Cheyenne Mountain. I was on an airliner, traveling on a business trip to the east coast with a Japanese woman, sitting in a window seat. Looking out the window I suddenly saw contrails arcing into the sky from the ground; one of them passed near our airplane and I instantly recognized it as an ICBM since I worked with those at my Air Force job. I watched the first stage of the rocket separate and somehow even noticed the MIRVs being prepared for deployment.

It occurred to me that a massive nuclear conflict had begun, and that we were still four hours from landing - being airborne, there was nothing we could do about the devastation that was about to happen. "The world is going to be a different place when we land" I thought to myself.

Then the airline pilot decided to divert to Kalamazoo. We landed in no time - before the missiles hit, even. I decided that I needed to find an airplane and fly myself to a desolate area outside of any potential radiation zones that would be near populated cities. My Japanese business partner and I ran through the hangars of the Kalamazoo Air Zoo, looking for an aircraft that was airworthy. Finally I found a WWII fighter plane in working order, except that it was missing a propeller!

I desperately searched the other museum aircraft trying to find one with a suitable propeller. Finally I found one (I remember it had a red hub) and tried to remove it discretely - there was a tour guide and her group of tourists wandering about the museum and I didn't want to attract attention. I got the propeller off, but I really struggled trying to install it onto that flightworthy aircraft. I was getting very frustrated...

...and I woke up. What an interesting dream!

0 comments

Labels