Search this Blog

Followers

About

My photo
Lowell, Michigan, United States
Dogs were born to run. I wasn't, but I do it anyway. :)

Reason to Run...

posted by Andrew 20 February 2007

...days like today. After weeks of temperatures below 20 degrees, today we hit 40! It felt like spring. My legs are still very sore from playing hockey over the weekend. Actually, just my hip flexor muscles, my right one in particular - I can't raise my right knee halfway to my waist! But I wanted to go running away, so I went for an easy one.

I took both Haven and Beacon and dealt with the extreme pulling as we ran the half-mile to the North Country Trail trailhead, then I was able to let them off leash. They loved it! So did I. The wind was calm, the sun was setting, the air was warm. Warm enough that I was wearing shorts despite running through six inches of wet snow! What a blast!

A perfect run. I have to remember days like this on those other days when I don't feel like running, because being able to run with my dogs on days like today is one of the reasons why I'm a runner.

0 comments

Labels