Search this Blog

Followers

About

My photo
Lowell, Michigan, United States
Dogs were born to run. I wasn't, but I do it anyway. :)

Running Update

posted by Andrew 26 February 2007

A quick and dirty running update:

The big picture stuff...

  • In the past 17 days I've gone running 17 times! I ran twice on 2/15 and took 2/18 off (sorta - I didn't run but I played hockey and cut wood).
  • On 2/25 I went out for my 50th run of the year and also passed the 250-mile mark. Woo hoo!

Some featured runs...
  • 2/24 I was back on the trails with Haven and Beacon, terrible footing and all. First I took Beacon on a 2-mile loop, then I repeated it with Haven. While on the trails with Beacon a great horned owl flew low over my head! The sound of a stumbling runner must've awakened it.
  • 2/25 was a treadmill tandem with Amanda. She set a new milestone for her by running one hour non-stop! I must've been a bit inspired because I ran 8.6 miles in just under 70 minutes, a pretty fast pace for me over such a distance.
  • 2/26 (holy crap, is that today?) it was 32 degrees outside and snowing, so it was warm enough for me to wear shorts, except for when passing tractor trailers splash road slush all over my bare legs! That wasn't so cool. But I enjoyed things enough to run 6.9 miles in 60 minutes.

0 comments

Labels