Search this Blog

Followers

About

My photo
Lowell, Michigan, United States
Dogs were born to run. I wasn't, but I do it anyway. :)

New Year, New Shoes, New iPod

posted by Andrew 01 January 2007

Naturally I went running today - gotta get an early start on those 2007 miles! ;) I brought Haven along while Amanda walked Beacon at a nearby park where I would eventually end up. Haven and I tallied 6.2 miles in under an hour through the chilly drizzle, although I got warm enough to take off my jacket after four miles.

I treated myself to wearing my brand new shoes for the first time, shoes that I had bought a couple months ago when Striders had a sale. I now have three pairs of Brooks Adrenaline GTS 6 shoes: one with 400 miles that I only use for casual purposes now, one with 300 miles that I'll now use for sloppy conditions, and my new pair with 6 miles. If it ever snows here again, I'd like to experiment on some icy trails by converting my 400 mile shoes into screw shoes.

And for the first time ever, I ran while listening to music! I'd never tried the walkman thing before Amanda wisely convinced my family to give me an iPod Shuffle for Christmas. I must admit that it was a lot of fun to get lost in my own world of tunes, although I was still able to hear vehicles approaching from behind. The first song to accompany the rhythm of my footsteps: Johnny Cash's "I Walk the Line".

0 comments

Labels