Search this Blog

Followers

About

My photo
Lowell, Michigan, United States
Dogs were born to run. I wasn't, but I do it anyway. :)

Beautiful Day for a Run

posted by Andrew 03 January 2007

I went running with a couple guys during lunch hour and we really loved the "winter" weather! Nice and sunny, 42 degrees with a stiff breeze. I wore shorts and felt very warm by the end of the run. We talked a lot about Gerald Ford (he was buried here in Grand Rapids today; his motorcade drove past my office yesterday), Howard Hughes, and military strategy. By the end of the run I was the only one talking - it was a very easy pace for me but not as much for the other guys. I sprinted the last 1/4 mile to burn up some energy.

The highlight of the run was being spotted by my cousin, Ana! She goes to college here in town and recently started a part-time job at a storage facility that we run past. I'd completely forgotten about that when suddenly I hear someone yelling "Andrew!" way behind me, and I turn to see her waving in the distance. We had a brief shouting conversation before I turned to catch up with the guys.

0 comments

Labels