Search this Blog

Followers

About

My photo
Lowell, Michigan, United States
Dogs were born to run. I wasn't, but I do it anyway. :)

Windy Training Run

posted by Andrew 05 November 2005


Mmmmm.... salty snacks.

The weather is amazingly windy with gusts over 50 mph today! It made for an interesting run. I ran from home to Whitneyville and then Amanda met me part way on the return home, good for 17 miles total. Around the 7 mile point I was running due west past some open farm fields to my south and was just blasted by a steady 30 mph wind for a mile. The powerful weather made for some nice scenery out in the countryside.

The photo is when Amanda picked me up. You can hardly see the Salomon hydration pack I'm wearing with my water... or rather, ice. I put too many ice cubes in the reservoir and it didn't melt fast enough, causing me to run out of water around mile 10! Hence the Pringles can... I had to stop at a gas station (mile 13) and buy some salty food and refill my reservoir in the bathroom to stave off some cramping in my quads. All told it was an enjoyable 3.5-hour run and I didn't feel terribly worn out when I was done.

0 comments

Labels