Search this Blog

Followers

About

My photo
Lowell, Michigan, United States
Dogs were born to run. I wasn't, but I do it anyway. :)

Snowball Fetch

posted by Andrew 16 November 2005


Beacon begs for me to throw another snowball.

Today was the first snowfall of the year! It was pretty late in arriving this year since usually we've had some snow around here before the end of October. There's never been a "first snowfall" in which I haven't thrown at least one snowball. It must be a tradition.

This year Haven and Beacon were the recipients of said tradition. We turned on the backyard floodlights and threw snowballs for them to chase, a game that they absolutely love! Albeit for different reasons: Haven loves the *chase* aspect and prefers that I zing the snowballs along the ground so she can run them down like a rabbit; Beacon, on the other hand, loves the "kill" aspect and simply wants to catch the snowball in midair or pounce on it if it's on the ground.

After about 20 minutes of "chase" and "kill" the dogs were completely worn out. Now they're sleeping soundly between Amanda and I in the computer room.


Beacon (L) and Haven (R) are all tuckered out.

0 comments

Labels